As a child I loved dolls. I had endless tea parties with them sitting with me around the kitchen table. I dressed and re-dressed them in the clothes my mother made for them. She was an expert seamstress and I had wonderful outfits for each doll. I never remember my mother staying up until 2:00 a.m. or later on Christmas Eve finishing my doll clothes or baking and whatever else people stay up to do on that magical night of the year. Now I know it was because she had learned how to declutter her schedule and take care of herself so she could take care of us.
As busy women we need to take care of ourselves so we can have a happy holiday season without added stress that can make us hate this time of year.
Feel the energy as you use these 7 powerful, feel-good ways on how to declutter for the holidays:
1. Take time now to look over your schedule for the upcoming months. Are there things you can plan on not doing to declutter your schedule and your life? Is everything you plan on doing mandatory (events that involve your children or mandatory work events)? Do you have items that can be done but changed to a different time of the year? For instance if you get together this time of the year with friends do it after the holidays but before New Year’s so it is still at the festive time of the year.
2. After you have your schedule planned if you have children call and arrange for babysitting early. If you have a hard time getting a sitter for whatever reason tell your potential sitter that you will be giving Christmas bonuses this year. You know their time is precious too and their schedule could be pretty hectic.
3. Do you burn the candle at both ends? Do you tell yourself you are a night owl so you stay up late and then still have to get up early? Spread out your responsibilities over several days rather than cramming tons of stuff into a few days. That is one of the secrets to de-cluttering—do things a step at a time without trying to run fast and furious all at once so you get burnt out.
4. How many hours of sleep do you need? Your body will tell you. It really gripes me that my body likes 6 hours a night because I read and hear all these health experts saying we need 8 hours and more. But my body thinks 6 are just right. Listen to your body and get enough rest so you will have the energy and enthusiasm to do what you need and want to do during the holidays.
5. My son-in-law went to get gas for his lawn mower and the man at the station told him it is not gas—it is fuel. Are we giving our bodies the right fuel it needs? You know what that is; enough water and nutritious foods every day. We don’t have to worry about getting enough treat foods, in fact that is a place we could consider how to declutter by doing things like limiting our intake of sweets, baking less and actually enjoying what we eat more.
6. If you like to exercise don’t give it up during the holidays. Exercise can give your body energy. But if you’re not used to exercising, don’t think that now is the time to start. You can pick up the habit when you’re not so busy.
7. Plan some time for yourself every day. If you have children a great place to get away is the bathroom or your bedroom where you can lock the door and turn up the music so you can’t hear them pounding on the door and saying, “Mommy I need you” every 5 seconds.
How to declutter your life at this busy time of the year includes taking time for yourself, eating right, exercising and being aware of your priorities.
Marilyn, a professional organizer and author is passionate about organizing for women and seniors in clearing clutter from their lives. Her new book “Go Organize!” will be in bookstores Dec 2009. Visit her website http://www.marilynbohn.com.
(ArticlesBase SC #1526535)
Marilyn Bohn -
About the Author:
Marilyn is a creative organizer who helps women, seniors & their families to create space and end
clutter in homes and offices by setting up custom made systems.
Visit her website http://www.marilynbohn.com for
free organizing tips.
Questions and Answers
Ask our experts your Holidays related questions here…
200 Characters left
How important are organic products, will you pay extra for the benefits they offer?
Does birth control get rid of acne ?
What is the perfect structure for a production department organization covering all position in dairy and fruits processing factory
Rate this Article
professional organizer, organizing clutter, organizing products, clearing the clutter, how to declutter, clutter control, getting rid of clutter, clear clutter, seniors, craft rooms, organizing your life, get rid of clutter, reduce clutter, clear your clu
Learn how to declutter and keep only what you need for small medicine cabinets. Organizing tips for clearing the clutter in your bathroom. (02:22)
Organizing ideas on how to declutter your closet. It’s time change your closet with the seasons. Organizing your life will feel great and you’ll beable to find the clothes you need when you need them. (01:14)
Organizing ideas on how to organize your carry on luggage for any travel plans you have. (03:42)
Learn how to store sugar. Organizing clutter includes your sugar bowls. If you have hard brown sugar here are some organizing tips to soften it up. (01:27)
Need help with your clutter control? Don’t know where to start or how to declutter? Take this simple and easy 5 step organizing challenge (01:07)
Getting Rid Of Clutter is a time-saver by using these timely, simple tips in 4 rooms in your home.
Tips on organizing your office, children’s bedroom, bathroom and garage.
How to declutter a room or an entire house can be overwhelming and discouraging. With just a few “tools” it is amazing how quickly you can declutter any place in your home.
How prepared is your family in case of a home
fire? Plan now for the safety of you and your
family in case of a fire. Tips and ideas on how
to protect your family.
Do you want to catch the excitement to organize clutter in your home? Here are 7 practical tips that will have you catching the excitement in no time at all.
When clearing the clutter in your home and one thing leads to another use these 4 simple steps to organize clutter.
Do you feel like you are drowning in paper? Here are 6 liberating tips on how to declutter to save you from drowning in all the paper that you deal with constantly in your home.
6 practical tips for seniors to downsize and clear clutter in their homes. Downsizing gives you several options if you are planning on moving or if you plan on staying in your home. You decide before the decision has to be made for you.
Holiday rental Los Cristianos can be booked through its associated and dedicated websites. You can use any of the websites and directly contact the owner to hire a holiday rental Los Cristianos for your upcoming holiday.
Holiday rental Los Cristianos provides you a beach hoidaying experience, which is much better than staying in a hotel and resort. In a crowded beach town, you can spend the vacation in a private manner by staying at a holiday rental Los Cristianos.
Rose day is just starting of valentine week. It is a day, when anyone states their feeling to any of them whom they loved and recognized. In Valentine’s Day 2011, you can find your love in your friend and soul mate. You can also look here for get idea about Valentine’s Day party, gifts and cards.
If you want to take a short holiday or weekend away with your partner, family or a group of friends but don’t have lots of time on your hands then horse riding weekends are a great solution. By arranging with your friends to go on a horse riding break you will all enjoy a short holiday as though you have spent a full week away and you will come back with lots of stories and experiences to tell your family and work colleagues about.
Holiday rental Fanabe provides your holidaying family members with various options to make the beach holiday more enjoyable. You can select and book a holiday rental Fanabe for the scheduled days through its dedicated and associated websites.
Holiday rental Fanabe is considered by many people to make their holidaying experience distinct and much more enjoyable. The amount of privacy offered by the holiday rental Fanabe makes the experience more memorable and unique.
Full day to Cairo to visit Great Pyramids of Giza, Sphinx, Valley Temple and Egyptian Museum and Coptic Cairo. Lunch included during Cairo tour.
For mom’s to be, seeking the perfect baby boy nursery bedding is really exciting and could be mind-boggling simultaneously. May your decision end up being style dependent or even color dependent? Exactly what materials are you going to make use of? Determining your look and colors may be the number one option.
Is your home full of clutter and you just can’t get started? Or you don’t know where to start? Declutter your home and show clutter the door using these 6 efficient steps.
One of the most appreciated gifts you can leave your family is information on your financial information and where to find important documents. Here are 8 timely tips on how to organize and record your important information.
Home school organization to make for an organized home and happy children. 3 tips from a professional organizer and home school mother to make your home schooling successful.
Do you hold on to the myth that your home is so small it is impossible to organize? Is clearing clutter daunting? Light up your space with these three quick solutions.
Are you depressed because you have too much clutter? Do you think it is impossible to get rid of clutter? Do you just have too much stuff? You’ll be in control in no time with just these 6 simple steps to clearing clutter.
Is your office a nightmare and you can’t find that important piece of paper or your office supplies? Here are 8 practical and time-saving tips using a label maker to organize your office and reduce paper clutter.
Is your new years resolution to organize your home for the new year? These three timely tips will help you declutter your home now and forever.
We spend so much time in our kitchens shouldn’t they be free of clutter and be a place we want to be? How to get rid of clutter in the kitchen in 7 simple steps will lighten you kitchen and put a smile on your face.
Add new Comment
Your Name: *
Comment Body: *
* Required fields
Edit your Account
Personal RSS Builder
Edit your Account
Marilyn Bohn has 79 articles online
Arts & Entertainment
Food and Beverage
Home and Family
News and Society
Sports and Fitness
Copyright © 2005-2011 Free Articles by ArticlesBase.com, All rights reserved.